Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Arrowhead Fly Fishers...

http://arrowheadflyfishers.com/Home/tabid/96/Default.aspx

Luke and I have just joined the Arrowhead Fly Fishers. This is a group that is comprised of people who love fly fishing, the rivers and streams of Wisconsin and Minnesota, and conserving the fish and water they care for so much.

It is has been such a long time since I last belonged to a group or club that I did not realize just how much I missed the feeling of being a member. At the meeting last night both Luke and I were able to network with some wonderful fly fishers. I think Luke even meet some men who love it as much or even more than he does! I struck gold when I meet another women fly fisher. I was immediately all over her and her vice and her squirrel dubbing.

So, I tied a few flies, had a beer and $5 burger basket, and even walked away with a raffle prize: Hare's Ear Dubbing...

Let's just say that I am hooked and cannot wait for the next meeting.

1 comment:

  1. woot woot! Clubs are awesome. I miss them too. I kinda want to start a book club....You & Luke are too cute. I love how you guys find cool things to do together.

    ReplyDelete