Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The price paid to run 26.2 miles....

http://www.grandmasmarathon.com/

I am seriously considering running Grandma's full marathon this summer. I finally feel that my body has had the necessary break from racing. My body is, thankfully, responding positively to longer distance runs once again.

That said, I have recently got to thinking about the monetary price of the race. I completely understand why I need to pay the $85 registration fee and I know where my money is going. I believe that spending money to achieve a great physical achievement is awesome! However, part of me still wonders why I need to pay at all to run 26.2 miles. It seems that is a feat that someone should pay me for.....

1 comment:

  1. I know! Ben and I feel the same way sometimes. In the end your always happy you did it though. Ben signed up for the full too! You guys should train together. I'm off to the cities for the weekend. Talk to you when I get back!

    xo

    ReplyDelete