Saturday, October 17, 2009

"You know I could as soon forget you, as my own existence"

That is one of my favorite lines from Wuthering Heights. Healthcliff says this to his love, Catherine.

In my opinion Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights is the greatest love story ever written. The tragic and ruthless love that unites Catherine and Heathcliff becomes alive and tangible in the words chosen by Bronte. I love love love this story with every cell of my body.

I just finished watching Masterpiece Theater's adaptation of the classic story of Wuthering Heights. Once again they have created a unique and compelling movie based on a well-known and loved story.

If you yourself have not read this book I would highly recommend it. No, I would demand it of you actually. I demand it knowing that this story will resonate with you as it has with me. Perhaps in a different way but it will, regardless, make some lasting impression on you too. So, go to your library or a locally owned book store and pick up this timeless story of love, tragedy, and loss.



No comments:

Post a Comment