Thursday, November 12, 2009

Who's your favorite director?

Last week I watched Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs for the first time. I am a huge fan of his work and enjoyed watching his first film. As was expected, I was forced to put mute on and overt my eyes from the screen once or twice. Setting the violence aside I love his character development, use of music, and the his integration of spaghetti western themes into his films. Death Proof remains one of my favorite films. This film is a must see.

I have also really enjoyed films directed by Guillermo del Toro. Both Hellboy films were surprisingly good and Pan's Labyrinth was unique and amazing.

I am also a huge Stanley Kubrick fan. The Shining is one of my favorite movies of all time! The visions for his movies are unlike that of any other director, at least in my opinion. Lolita, Spartacus, and 2001: A Space Odyssey are all classics that have stood the test of time.

So, those are a few of my favorite directors. Who are your favorites?




No comments:

Post a Comment