Sunday, January 10, 2010

Saturday in Ironwood


Yesterday Luke and I ventured to Ironwood, MI to visit my aunt and uncle. We had the perfect day in the UP. We started off the day by carving turns at Black Jack ski resort. We then had a tasty lunch centered around Ironwood's handmade pasties. Nothing beats this all-in-one meal. I was then able to spend some time in the house that my uncle and my mom grew up in. This old house holds so many dear memories. I have now formed new, fresh memories to hold with me.

The rest of the day held additional UP festive activities. I bought my first Stormy Kromer hat (see below). I have been wanting the pink one for a long time and finally bought one in the city they are made in. I thought it was too fitting not to.

We had a few great beers on tap from the Keweenaw Brewing Company. Their beer is some of my favorite. It is hard to come by so I indulged while I could. The day was capped off by eating the infamous thin-crusted pizza from the Liberty Bell Chalet in Hurley, WI.

It was a perfect day and was just what my heart desired. The only way the day could have been better is if my grandpa and grandma were still living to greet me in the old snow covered house in Ironwood...

1 comment:

  1. Nice hat! I didnt know that were made there. cool.

    ReplyDelete